Symmetrical Illuminations

So, for a very long time, I have been making these things I call symmetricals.  I think the first one I ever did was when I was... eleven, maybe? They were very geometrical to begin with, but they've evolved quite a bit.  I posted a rough one (Unfolding) here for WIP Wednesday and talked about how I wanted to pull them all together into a coloring book, and then a friend of mine directed me to a Facebook group of coloring book makers and... Now I'm going to do it!

This means I've been working all out on the symmetricals I want to include in the coloring book, though, so I don't have any of my usual line art for y'all today.  What I do have is a preview of the work I've done!


I really love the way they're coming out, although my technique for doing them in Photoshop needs some work.  I've always drawn them by hand, and doing it that way, there's only so symmetrical you can get.  However, there are ways to do them better and easier in Photoshop (especially when you already have a hand drawn guide to go by).  But I'm still figuring all of that out and I accidentally made tons more work for myself than I needed to.  Ah, well.  I'm almost finished with the first page, and the lessons I have learned will make the rest go much faster!  I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts