It's That Time of Year For Me

The year is coming to a close and it's time to sit down and reflect on how it's all gone. Frankly, I've had a fantastic year. It didn't always feel like it at the time, but that's what hindsight is for, right? This year I published my epic fantasy novel A Sign in Blood, and put out two short story collections, All Claws and All Souls. My novella Getting Ahead was accepted to MuseItUp Publishing, and I got some fantastic rejections. (Writers always understand what I mean when I say that. It's a pretty much unique to us, though. :-D Trying to explain "good rejections" to non-writer friends is always interesting.)

I wrote... Less than I wanted to, but when isn't that the case? I've got a double handful of short stories I need to finish up in the coming year, as well as two revived novels to edit, one novel to second draft, and one novel that still needs a finished first draft. I didn't finish NaNo, but I did get about 25,000 words. And I moved home.

Just that last item is huge. We had to leave after Katrina and our long, strange odyssey was... Well, long and strange. Getting back here might have been accomplishment enough, but getting A Sign in Blood out there, getting All Claws and All Souls out, and getting a start on Getting Ahead, has been wonderful.

And that's still not all. I've written some good words, researched some fantastic topics, and--best of all--made (and become reacquainted with) some fantastic friends!

So, I hope all of you out there have a wonderful holiday season if you celebrate (whatever you celebrate), and a wonderful end of the year if you don't. One way or another, I also hope next year rocks twice as much for all of us!


Comments

Have a great holiday as well Marion. I've enjoyed reading your blog posts on world building and authenticity in a fantasy world.
Marion Sipe said…
Thank you! I'm glad it's been enjoyable!

Popular Posts