There have been a number of fantastic blog posts recently, and I'm currently brain dead, so instead of posting something (hopefully) interesting myself, I am going to direct you to the brilliance posted by others!
1) The Tough Guide to Fantasyland's Exotic Locales and More Tough Guide: Helpful Natives by Shweta Narayan - These are homages to Diana Wynne Jones' book The Tough Guide to Fantasyland, and they are a total must read. (Yes, I'm sneaking two in there, this will be a pattern. :-D)
2) FutureStates - These are video mini-features made by numerous artists, all imagining the future. 2 Seasons worth of near future science fiction shorts that are very character focused. Wonderful. I found the link on N.K. Jemisin's blog, which is another must read!
3) In the craft of writing vein, we have Trusting Your Reader and Planting Clues in Your Story by Tabitha Olson. Both great posts that discuss foreshadowing and its use in writing.
4) Five Ways Alien Eyes Might See by Marian Perera and Science Fiction Problems: How to Write Aliens by Erik Marsh. Both about creating aliens and other species, and both great!
5) Lastly, we have two blog posts by Mooderino Loitering With Intent, about knowing your story, and Story Seems to be the Hardest Word, about relaying your story.
Well, there's ten links, even though there's only five entries. :-D I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!