The Good News, The Bad News, and the Good Books OR Why is Avast Being Insane?

My inbox has exploded and there is email everywhere. Unfortunately, my virus software also seems to have lost its tiny little mind. It's telling me that practically everywhere is replete with some kind of trojan horse. I think it's a problem with the software (either that or the internet has been infested with horses!) but I want to try and confirm that before I just go blundering around sans virus protection. Until then, it won't let me on a lot of sites. Like, most of them. GRR! Is anyone else having this trouble with Avast?

Yes. Apparently. False positives are popping up everywhere. Updating seems to be the fix and I'm in the process of trying it. We'll see how it goes!

There is some good news, though, for while I cannot currently do much concerning it, Good Book Alert opens today! It's a new review blog, of which I am lucky enough to be part. We're going to be reviewing indie and small press e-books, so if that sounds like your book and you'd like to have it reviewed by us, bounce on over to Good Book Alert and check out the review policy and process on the sidebar!

I would love to give more extensive links and instructions here, and I will, once my computer is behaving itself again! Right now, I've got to go sort this thing out. *rolls up sleeves*

ETA: My virus checker is sane again! If you're having a problem, turn off your webshield, update you virus definitions and re-boot when it asks you to, then turn your webshield back on. The Avast forums are down, but their facebook is up and running.

Comments

Popular Posts